Dear Regency Home Care Family,
There is no higher priority to our entire Regency Home Care Family than the safety of our clients, their families, the communities we serve and our employees. With the impact that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having on our world and local community, we want you to know we are closely monitoring the situation using three primary (and reliable) sources:
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Georgia Department of Health: https://dph.georgia.gov/novelcoronavirus
- Fact Sheet: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
We are taking the spread of the COVID-19 virus very seriously. As a business that is all about the health and safety of clients and their families, we have implemented policies with our employees as well as operational policies to create and maintain an environment that is as safe as possible for employees and patrons:
- A rigorous, ongoing daily sanitizing of all living areas and surfaces.
- A health policy that any employees that feel ill or have symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath seek medical care as needed, and not present themselves to work until they are well and have been without symptoms for a minimum of 48 hours.
- A retraining initiative to ensure that all employees are being properly vigilant regarding personal hand washing, cleaning and wearing gloves when appropriate.
- Making hand sanitizer readily available in the living areas and encouraging patrons to use it upon arrival before entering the living area
- Requiring employees to immediately report any concerns regarding exposure to COVID-19 to a supervisor, whether the potential has occurred through providing patient care, travel, assisting an ill traveler or other person, handling a contaminated object, or cleaning a contaminated environment.
To help protect the broader community, we will be limiting visitation to nursing homes, assisted living homes and rehabilitation centers. Many of these locations have already made it public that they are either prohibiting visitors, or strongly urging that visitors stay away. Should there be a life or death situation, we will still make the visit. Our intent is not to unknowingly pass along the virus to those who are most vulnerable.
We wish to emphasize that while we are taking a best-effort approach, Regency needs your help. You have a part to play in the preventative process as well! According to the latest data, primary Coronavirus transmission occurs when a sick person coughs or sneezes in close proximity to someone else. Infection can also occur by touching a recently contaminated surface and then touching your own eyes, nose or mouth. Here are some important steps for your household to observe:
- Stay home if you are sick. If you exhibit any symptoms of illness, we urge you in the strongest way possible to refrain from visiting your family member. You must be completely free of symptoms and have a normal body temperature for at least 24 hours without using a fever reducing medicine before returning.
- For the foreseeable future, you should make a habit of frequent, thorough hand washing with hot water and soap. Use hand sanitizer regularly between washings.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Please do not carry used tissues around in a bag or pocket. Discard tissues immediately after the first use.
- If you are traveling abroad, please pay attention to travel notice warnings from CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html). If you or a household member visits a country under Level-2 or Level-3 warnings, we urge you in the strongest way possible to wait 14 days before returning and visiting a family member.
We are monitoring this developing situation closely with State and Federal agencies including the GA DPH, CMS and the CDC. In the meantime, if we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at 678-999-2446 24-hours per day
Yours in Health,
Erich Schuetz, CEO
Regency Home Care of North Atlanta
Regency Home Care of North Atlanta offers In Home Senior Care, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, Parkinsons Disease Care, Atlanta home care, Post Hospitalization or After Surgery Care, Private Duty Personal Care, Respite Care, Facility Sitting, Medication Oversight Services, Proxy Caregiver Services, in home health care Atlanta, In Home Safety Assessment and other services related to senior care in North Atlanta and All Surrounding areas.
Please Call 678-999-2446 Today for More Information and Details about in home health care Atlanta. Our Friendly Professional Team is Here to Help You With All of Your Senior Related Needs and Services.
Atlanta Home Care at Its Best!
Home is a place of comfort and healing, and when you or a loved one requires extra care and assistance, there truly is no place like home. At Regency Home Care of North Atlanta, we strive to help our clients remain safe, healthy, and independent, no matter what their care needs.
Regency’s highly experienced and dedicated care staff serves clients with a variety of needs, including:
With over 30 years of healthcare experience, we understand firsthand how crucial it is for family members to secure only the best home care services for a loved one who needs assistance. It is our mission to educate our clients and their families so they can successfully navigate their healthcare options while enabling them to live as independently as possible throughout their golden years.
Regency Home Care proudly serves families throughout North Atlanta, including Buckhead, Brookhaven, Vinings, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Norcross, Duluth, Suwanee, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Marietta, Atlanta, Cumming and Lawrenceville. Our caring and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are carefully screened, trained and supervised by a Regency Registered Nurse (RN).
We would love the opportunity to meet with you and your family to discuss our in home health care Atlanta services and how we can help improve their loved one’s quality of life and independence through compassionate care and uncompromising service.