As eyesight diminishes, mobility falters or memory fades, it’s not easy to admit you may need help, and when it comes to personal care needs, it can become even more difficult. Couple this with a fear of losing your independence and it isn’t hard to imagine why many seniors keep their needs to themselves. This is why watching for signs that could indicate extra assistance is needed oftentimes falls on family, friends, or advisers.
If there is a frail senior in your life that you suspect may be hiding a home care need, take note of the following:
- Has there been a noticeable weight loss?
- Have personal hygiene and general appearance been deteriorating?
- Is the home no longer being neatly maintained?
- Does the senior seem safe in the home and in good spirits?
- Is the senior having increased difficulty getting around?
- Has the senior been exhibiting forgetfulness or inappropriate behavior?
If you see any of these signs in yourself, or your senior loved one, please contact home health care Atlanta, GA caregivers, Regency Home Care, for more information about how to get the care you need.