Atlanta’s seniors are inundated with an explosion of high tech products aimed at improving their independence and safety and enhancing their lives. At the touch of a button or two, they can instantly visit “in person” with friends and family through Skype, wear a necklace that responds with emergency assistance when needed, even stay safe from wandering with specialized sensors attached to clothing or shoes.
The issue becomes how to inspire seniors (and those who care for them) to shift from a low-tech mindset to embracing all that’s available to them. A recent Caring.com survey showed that as few as 15% of families providing senior care services for loved ones are actually utilizing technology. The common issues?
- Stigma. Many people see the use of certain technology, such as medical alert jewelry, as a sign of lost independence.
- Support. Troubleshooting problems with technology causes many older adults and their caregivers to give up on trying to get gadgets to work.
- Time. Finding time to learn and try something new is particularly challenging for busy family members.
The good news is, our senior care services in Atlanta, GA can help! If you’d like to try and incorporate a little technology into caregiving for a senior loved one but are facing these trials or others, call on Regency Home Care of Atlanta for help. Our sensitive and patient Atlanta caregivers can help overcome the technology hurdles by:
- Making recommendations for technology that suit a loved one’s needs and personality
- Setting up and providing information on how to use the technology
Whether it is setting up a personal medical alert system or teaching someone how to enjoy applications on a tablet device, we can help seniors stay connected to family and friends and enjoy life to the fullest! Contact us today to learn more about our senior care services and how we can help your loved ones embrace home care technology.