Regency Home Care Georgia offers Medication Oversight Services to Provide Peace of Mind in Atlanta, North Atlanta, and all surrounding areas.
Call 678-999-2446 Today .
Managing multiple medications correctly is so crucial to seniors’ health and safety, but most home care agencies offer only the most basic assistance with medications: simply verbal reminders.
Regency Home Care, Atlanta’s top quality home health care team, is pleased to provide medication oversight services that go above and beyond.
Here’s How Regency Home Care’s Medication Oversight Works
- An initial RN assessment is performed for each client, including a review of all medications, with particular emphasis on side effects and adverse reactions
- Medications continue to be assessed every 60 to 90 days
- With proper paperwork in place, an RN and CNA staff can provide medication services such as:
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Assistance with insulin injections
- Vital signs monitoring prior to medication reminders or administration
- Assistance in getting pills from source containers
- Crushing medications or following preparation orders for specific medications
- Assistance with eye drops and ear drops
- Proxy care when individuals need hands-on assistance
- Picking up medications or notifying the family of the need
- Coordinating with nurse when the family is unable to clarify orders
In addition, with proxy caregiving procedures in place, we can extend services to include:
- First aid and minor dressing changes
- Ostomy care
- Catheter care
- Tube feeding