When a loved one needs in home care, there is a lot to consider, but it’s not something most of us are prepared to do. Most don’t know where to start or the right questions to ask. It is important to recognize when care is needed and then know how to select the best care provider who offers in-home services. Find the best Home Care and Elder Care in the Atlanta area. Following are ten questions to ask before hiring or considering any home care agencies in Atlanta, GA.
First, take a look at your individual situation. Ask yourself and family members if there has been a recent emotional or medical crisis with your loved one? Does your aging loved one need assistance with walking? Do they live alone and are unable to run errands by themselves? Have they recently fallen?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it is time to consider in-home care services. Do your homework, and look into the best home care options with the following questions:
1. Does your in-home elder care allow family members to meet the caregiver prior to receiving the services, and does your in-home senior care maintain liability coverage?
2. Do you have regular national and local criminal background checks and driving records of the in-home health providers? Also, are the care givers bonded and insured for theft, and are the employees contracted help or employees with your company?
3. How does your service track the caregiver’s arrival and departure times to the senior’s home? Does your company have office staff whom I will be able to contact for information and a business office where I can meet with someone?
4. Do you provide a way to be contacted with 24/7 telephone service?
5. Will your company provide a free in-home assessment before beginning any work? Also, are you able to provide emergency monitoring systems, medication solutions as well as additional safety technology?
6. Does your company require the caregiver to work a minimum number of hours per shift, and what is that requirement? If the caregiver cannot make it to work, does your company provide backup coverage?
7. Doyour services include personal care tasks like bathing, mobility assistance, or incontinence care? Ask about specific issues that pertain. Are your caregivers certified to provide this level of personal care?
8. What type of training and ongoing education do you provide for your workers? Will you be able to provide documentation explaining the client’s rights, your code of ethics, Worker’s compensation and PIPED compliance?
9. Does your company provide transportation services for the in-home seniors?
10. Will there be periodic visits done by your agency to supervise and make sure everything is being done with excellence inside the elder’s home? Do you provide a plan in writing for care services that clearly describes and discloses all of the rates and fees?
Regency Home Care Atlanta is here for you as the best, most reliable senior care agency in Atlanta. When elder care comes into a home of an aging adult to provide assistance and care, the senior is able to relax in the comfort of a home they are familiar with and to stay where they feel safe and secure for as long as they can. In home care Atlanta GA also helps with safe, reliable transportation to health-related appointments and procedures, running errands, and preparing nutritious meals.
Trust the Number One caring team of in-home senior care Atlanta. Let us give your loved one individualized assistance. Call the home health care in Atlanta experts at Regency Home Care at (678) 999-2446 to learn more today!